Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Anyone got a good chicken recipe?

I just caught a nice big rooster.


Real pretty. Golden neck and back, big black tail feathers.


I think he's a bit on the ';mature'; side, so he's apt to be a tough.


I'll look forward to your answers while I sharpen the axe.Anyone got a good chicken recipe?
Sounds like a very handsome talking bird. I think you should use him as a breeder. The world needs more talking roosters, not fewer.Anyone got a good chicken recipe?
How dull; a real recipe!


Easy Chicken Marengo- 4-6 servings


First, get over RoHo.


Next:


In Dutch oven, brown 2 1/2 - 3 lbs chicken parts


combine with:


4 sm cans Prgresso Eggplant Caponata


2 jars olive condite


6 green peppers, sliced


6 onions, cut in wedges


1 lb mushrooms, halved


Bake covered, 1 hr @300*


Remove from oven and add 1/2 c red or rose wine


Back to oven for 1 1/2 - 2 hrs @325*





Serve with noodles or rice


(You may use 1/2 the peppers and olive condite and sub a can of chili tomatoes and chopped black olives. Feel free to use your imagination.)
I'd roast him low and slow on a rack, covered, over wine or broth with some onion, garlic, carrot, celery, peppercorns and possibly some rosemary sprigs in the liquid. Would make him tender and keep him juicy. Add some nice fingerling potatoes and roasted asparagus, a nice, big salad and you've got an easy, simple meal.
Well, you could beat him to death with the tenderizing mallet instead of wringing his neck, saving that much energy tenderizing him later, then leave him with your cat for an hour. That'll take care of the feathers. After further mallet control, I'd dump him in an oven-proof Dutch oven with butter and salt, and start on the rice.
It sounds as if he might be a tough old bird. He would serve a very, very long stretch if you make chicken noodle soup by the Campbell's recipe. I understand that every year of two they buy another chicken. I dearly love chicken and dumplings . I have even enjoyed a recipe with canned biscuits serving as the dumplings. That recipe is, of coarse, outlawed in Southwest Texas. If you are else where, tears come to my eyes, you might give it a try.
I love chicken cooked any way but baked. If I don't fry it I put it in a slow cooker with potatoes and scallions, a pat of butter and some herbs. I do chicken and dumplings in the slow cooker also. Poppy
STOP!!!!!!!!.........Please give him a pardon!





Maybe you could get some cash for that clunker.





have a bowl of cereal.





+
If you'd just left your post to the original I'm sure PETA would be tracking you, lol. I was about to give you a farm recipe.
I think you should spare him. I think there's still some pretty good cluck left in that rooster.
Well, it looks like we need an executive parden for RoHo. Time to break out the chicken flavored tofu!
I think RoHo deserves a reprieve! He's an old bird so deserves to live his elderly years in peace.
Looky here now son, did ya'll read? Little Lady Luck got herself a Foghorn Leghorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment