Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Does anyone have a chicken risotto recipe that goes with red wine? I need cooking instructions too!?

I'd like to include spinach and basil too, but I'm open to suggestions.





Grazie!Does anyone have a chicken risotto recipe that goes with red wine? I need cooking instructions too!?
This Recipe I found at Allrecipes.com is very very similar to the one I make for myself and my wife, (I would omit the mushrooms and I strain the mushroom soup to rid myself of the chunks because I don't like Mushroom consistency, I Always use Basamati rice because I love the aromatic flavor of it. You can always add the spinach whenever you want. Serve it on a bed of Fresh Spinach.








INGREDIENTS


2 cups uncooked white rice


1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup


2 cups chicken broth


1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced


2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper


3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil


1 tablespoon dried minced onion


1 teaspoon dried oregano


3 cloves garlic, minced


1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper


1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese


4 chicken thighs


3 tablespoons Italian-style dry bread crumbs


2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese


Add to Recipe Box


My folders:








Add to Shopping List


Add a Personal Note








DIRECTIONS


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).


In a large bowl, combine the rice, mushroom soup, chicken broth, mushrooms, green bell pepper, basil, onion, oregano, garlic, ground black pepper and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.





Pour this mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place the chicken on top of the mixture and cover with foil. In a separate small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and remaining cheese and set aside.





Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour, remove from oven, uncover and sprinkle with the reserved bread crumb mixture. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, for 20 more minutes, or until golden brown
  • maybelline express
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment