Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Looking for a good orange ';chicken'; recipe for the fiance?

Give me your best :)





He's a weirdo, still eats meat for some reason even though all the meals I make are veggie LOL buuut I keep making his faves so I can tempt him over to the veg*n side of life....muahahahhaa.Looking for a good orange ';chicken'; recipe for the fiance?
I have made versions with veggie chicken faux nuggets, and tossed them like chicken wings in the hot sauce at service, you just have to find a good quality tofu chicken nugget brand and make a decent sauce, some grocery stores have them in the international section or were they sell the other sauces for meats.





I just make a simple Chinese orange sauce with fresh orange juice, orange peel, veggie broth, soya sauce, garlic chili paste, ginger, if I have it some orange marmalade, I simmer this and thicken it with a bit of cornstarch and a dash of sesame oil. Bake off the nuggets and toss them in the sauce.





You can buy firm or extra firm tofu, cut in to small squares and bread them yourself, just lightly pan fry to brown the crumbs and then serve with the sauce over or tossed in.Looking for a good orange ';chicken'; recipe for the fiance?
F.Y.I. - chicken is not a vegetable. think maybe you should put in correct category for best results?????
  • maybelline express
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment