Monday, November 21, 2011

Copycat recipe for Applebee's Three Cheese Chicken Penne?

I've found a lot of other copycat Applebee's recipes but I can't find this one. This is my absolute favorite and the only thing I ever order anymore but it's breaking the bank. I need a variety of recipes so I can find the one closest.Copycat recipe for Applebee's Three Cheese Chicken Penne?
This was all I could find. I hope it helps





Ingredients





1 1/2 cups multigrain penne pasta, uncooked





1 (283 g) package fresh baby spinach leaves, washed


1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cubed


1 teaspoon dried basil


1 1/2 cups tomato sauce








1 (350 ml) can diced tomatoes, drained


1/4 cup cream cheese


2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded


1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated





Directions





1Heat oven to 375掳F Cook pasta, adding spinach in last minute of cooking.


2Cook and stir chicken and basil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat, for about 4 minutes. Add pasta sauce and tomatoes, brign to boil. Simmer over medium for 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese.


3Drain pasta mixture, combine with chicken mixture and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Transfer to 2-L baking dish.


4Bake 20 minutes, sprinkle with remaining cheeses, bake 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment